CHRISTMAS TREE!

YOUGUYSYOUGUYSYOUGUYS! Do you know how excited I am about my new Christmas tree? YES, YOU DO, BECAUSE OF ALL THE CAPS. As an early birthday/Christmas gift, my mom gave me a gift card so I could buy this fancy tree. I’ve used this little one for a few years now, and I’ve joked about getting a bigger one just like it, but this year I stopped joking. Ahh! It was actually pretty reasonably priced, as far as fake trees go, and even though I was a bit worried about its size, I decided I would make it fit. It’s 7.5′ tall, and that’s how I learned that my ceilings are only 8′ tall. I had to rearrange furniture for the tree, but it works. That chair isn’t really as close to the door as it looks. And anyway, I never use the front door, and I won’t be needing any visitors, now that I have my tree for company.

I expected there to be a cat in the tree within five minutes of my putting it together, but they’ve been fairly well behaved. A few ornaments were removed, but I made it clear that I was adamant about my decorating choices, and they’ve been left alone since then. It had been a long time since I’d put together a full-size artificial tree, and I forgot how tedious it is. Blah. Worth it!
And, yes, I realize it’s only the second week of November. I usually start my winter decorating after Thanksgiving, but I’ve been full of pesky holiday spirit since, like, the beginning of September, at least. So, I held out for a long time. I decorated my annual gingerbread house after dinner tonight, to the sound of Henny and Beany chasing each other around the living room, in the glow of the new tree. Merry pre-Christmas, everyone!

This entry was posted in house. Bookmark the permalink.

6 Responses to CHRISTMAS TREE!

1. Ann says:

OOOH PRETTY I LOVE CHRISTMAS
    And I heartily approve of a white tree. It looks so sophisticated.

2. laurie says:

oh I for one love the tree, now I want one,, it looks stunning with red and I doubt if you’ll get through the wholeseason without the cat in it,,isn’t that part of christmas with pets, I know it is in our home.
    I have had to start a new blog, I was hacked, imagine, I’m so boring, any way, I don’t think you followed me, or even read mine for that matter but on the slim chance you do, I have started a new one.
    I have followed you mostly silently from the bleachers,, (well not really) but i rarely comment, you see I’m your mums age and I just love to read your adventures because your remind me of my daughter, aand I fell for henny from day one, my little caniine pal has gone to doggy heaven and henny gives me the fix I miss.
    Anyway I never write but today I write a book, lol, take care my dear girl and I will also say How very much I admire your calm practical approach to things and your talent at art, sewing and cooking, OK, I’m done,

3. Sue says:

Tree looks gorgeous!

4. Cally says:

Oh, massive tree envy. I have always wanted a white tree but keep waiting to find one on the street that needs some TLC. Yours is SO thick and bushy, it looks amazing and since I too have been feeling Christmassy for a while now I’m really enjoying the fact that you have it ready already. Merry Pre-Christmas to you too. So Cosy!

5. Amber says:

OMG. I love love LOVE your tree!!

6. Rob says:

It’s so obvious from The Bird’s posture that she is thinking bad thoughts and about to put them into practice.